Deposit Contribution ?
Deposits are the monthly contributions a member pay towards the Sacco. This can be used as either security to members loans or guarantee six other members. Interest is earned on deposit and calculated on pro rata basis. Upon exit from the Sacco the member can withdraw the savings as long as there is no outstanding or guaranteed loan.
- The minimum Deposit per month is KES 1,500 plus KES 100, for risk fund.
About Risk Fund ?
- Every member is required to pay KES 1,200 per Annum.
Why Pay Risk Fund?
- In case of death or disability of a registered member, an Active Loan is cleared by the insurance,
- The next of kin is refunded 200% of the contributed deposits.
- A last expense of KES 150,000 is paid towards the burial arrangement.
Failure to pay the risk fund by the end of the year will lead to an automatic deduction from your deposit.
Payments Via M-Pesa
- Go to the M-Pesa Menu
- Select Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Pay Bill |
- Enter Business Number‘540700’
- Under Account number – Enter Your Membership Number + transaction code
For Deposits; key in ‘DEP’ at the end of your Membership Number (e.g. MHS*****DEP)
- For Share Capital key in ‘SCP’ at the end of your Membership Number (e.g. MHS*****SCP)
- For Child Scheme Account, Key in ‘CHS’ at the end of your Membership Number (e.g. CHS*****CHS)
- For Insurance Premiums, Key in ‘INS’at the end of your Membership Number (e.g MHS*****INS)
- To preload your Mhasibu M-Sacco Utility Account, Key in ‘MSD’ at the end of your Membership number (e.g. MHS*****MSD)